Wednesday, May 27, 2009

It's been almost 2 years,...

I've decided to put a new set of sails on my blogging, and revive "Evolution of a Sailor." (at least for a while.)

Last January, I met this cute sailor named Sid, who lives up in Anacortes, north of Seattle. He is a Certified Captain through the Coast Guard and also teaches sailing lessons in the area up there. He is looking for a long term sailing partner, and I also want to sail, so.... I went up to visit him a couple of times in February, to check our compatablily level. Fortunately, we liked each other.

I've recently returned from a third visit, during which we finally got to go out on the boat and he gave me some REAL sailing lessons! It was a GREAT experience! I am sooo hooked! I hope to do it at least one more time before the summer is over. (Ok, maybe twice! - grin -)


I want to remember the details of the experience, and the best way to do that is by writing about it.

I hope to have my story up by tomorrow or Friday.
Ahoy!




4 comments:

kate said...

Ahoy, maitie!

JACKI said...

oooo he's a cutie!!! I yike him!

Jodi said...

...and his little dog too!

Dee said...

He looks like someone you could "be comfortable" with but also that perhaps he just might have a wicked sense of humor. Yeah, that's GOOD !----keep you on your toes.